[CentOS] evince file could not be saved

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Jun 11 19:28:20 UTC 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 06/10/2013 03:31 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:

>>> <snip>

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> ARGH!!! 3571 AVC's.... You need to find out what they're telling you,
>>> and
>>
>> No AVC's at all. The first grep came up empty. I just put in type= to
>> demonstrate that I was getting selinux messages.
>>
>>> fix that, a combination of setsebool, semanage -P <whatever>/restorecon
>>> -v <whatever>, and/or grep -i avc | tail 100 | audit2allow to show you
>>> what it would do, and check the manpage for audit2allow to get the flags
>>> right to create a module that you can then load, as per the examples in
>>> the manpage.

> There are lots of messages in the audit.log that are not related to SELinux
> error messages that have type=.
>

> ausearch -m avc,user_avc
>
> WIll show you all AVC messages.

>From ausearch, I have AVC messages now,
but they are all from May or from after I posted about evince.

I do not understand why I did not find the May ones with grep.
grep still only gives me 7, the ones from June, and does ont give me times,
even when I use -e time in the command line.
>From gview, .../audit.log does not contain an explicit time.
Is it encoded somehow?

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily