[CentOS] IPA Client Install

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 16:32:18 UTC 2013

> Do you mean the server installation may causing the problem on the client
> installation in a different machine?
>
> The error message I mentioned was on a client ipa installation on a
> different box from the server.

Have you successfully registered any systems against your IPA topology yet?

If you can get another client to complete ipa-client-install it's unlikely
to be a server issue but it could feasibly be a schema update missed during
install I suppose...

You say you are using non-IPA DNS ... do you have all the appropriate TXT
and SRV records in place for autodiscovery?

If you specify an IPA server, domain and realm does it then work?

It might be worth posting on the freeipa lists too