[CentOS] First problem with new xen repo

C. L. Martinez

carlopmart at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 18:05:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

 I am trying to test new xen packages from official centos repos. This
centos 6.4 x86_64 host is my main virt platform at home (KVM based).

 My idea is to use kvm and xen in this same host (using init level 3
for kvm and init level 4 for xen), but when I try to install xen
packages (using the procedure described in wiki), xen installs new
kernel and tries to remove my kvm-kernel aware (remember, official
kernel from centos repos).

 From my point of view, it is not admissible.

 Do I need to do another complete centos OS install to use xen
packages?? Is not possible to use both kernels with only one OS
install??

Thanks.