[CentOS] No more support for chrome/chromium on rhel6

Kapetanakis Giannis bilias at edu.physics.uoc.gr
Sun Jun 23 09:59:19 UTC 2013

On 08/06/13 06:27, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> We can not distribute the  pepperflash or libpdf viewer from Google
 > Chrome due to licensing restrictions, but you can download these two
 > scripts from the github repo and run them either as root or as a
 > user with sudo access to install those two libraries:
 >
 > chrome_libpdf_copy.sh:

https://raw.github.com/hughesjr/chromium_el_builder/master/chrome_libpdf_copy.sh

chrome_pepperflash_copy.sh:

https://raw.github.com/hughesjr/chromium_el_builder/master/chrome_pepperflash_copy.sh

Lets get this tested and vetted and we can maybe move it to CentOS
> Extras when Chome is upgraded  to the 28 version in production.
 >
 > Thanks, Johnny Hughes

Hi,
Just for the record. The script in

https://raw.github.com/hughesjr/chromium_el_builder/master/chrome_libpdf_copy.sh

downloads the latest stable of google-chrome which is
28.0.1500.52-207119 atm.
The libpdf.so which is included is not working (at least on i386).

# ldd libpdf.so
./libpdf.so: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found
(required by ./libpdf.so)

When you try to open pdf file you get "Could not load Chrome PDF Viewer"

The libpdf.so version from the following works:
google-chrome-stable-27.0.1453.110-202711.i386

I've managed to download it from
http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms/google/

regards,

Giannis