[CentOS] nvidia-installer

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Jun 24 19:36:06 UTC 2013

CentOS 6.4

Came back from vacation, rebooted workstation, no X. Wound up running
nvidia-installer. Now, I had been using kmod-nvidia, but had to stop a
month or so ago, when NVidia stopped supporting my two-yr-old card
("legacy"). When that happened, I uninstalled kmod-nvidia.

One dumb question: I can't figure out where I got nvidia-installer. It
happily d/l the most current valid version with --update, which it tells
me (with --help) that it goes to ftp://download/nvidia.com. -v tells me
nvidia-installer:  version 319.23
(buildmeister at swio-display-x86-rhel47-11)  Thu
May 16 20:17:29 PDT 2013
  The NVIDIA Software Installer for Unix/Linux.

  This program is used to install, upgrade and uninstall The NVIDIA
Accelerated
  Graphics Driver Set for Linux-x86_64.

  Copyright (C) 2003 - 2010 NVIDIA Corporation.

Any clues?

       mark