[CentOS] CentOS 6 SFF motherboard or complete system

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 17:21:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com> wrote:
>         I am trying to assemble or purchase a set of CentOS 6 compatible SFF workstations, and am finding it incredibly frustrating to do so. hardware.redhat.com is so slow as to be useless and provides almost no information about each of the 1,300 or so products listed in their database; clicking through them one at a time is incredibly frustrating (and about half of them are discontinued or out of stock when I actually go looking for them, like the Intel DQ series motherboards I was interested in).  Vendor web sites are almost no use; they trumpet their Windows 8 compatibility all over the site, but finding information about Linux compatibility is next to impossible.

The big vendors should list RHEL compatibility, but perhaps more for
servers than workstations.  CentOS should match RHEL in terms of
hardware compatibility and using vendor-supplied drivers.

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/info/x86servers/serverproven/compat/us/nos/redchat.html
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/hplinuxcert.html

--
  Les Mikesell