[CentOS] How to rebuild the Centos 6.4 iso images with the same contents as officially released iso images ?

Tue Jun 18 17:39:02 UTC 2013
Martin Robrecht <Martin.Robrecht at bruker-biospin.de>

I have read many Centos webpages and mail archives but found only raw descriptions of the build process.

My first aim is to rebuild CentOS-6.4-x86_64-LiveCD.iso using the Centos repositories
and preferably without recompiling the SRPMs, just to verify the build process.

My final aim is to create a Centos LiveOS contain the packages in CentOS-6.4-x86_64-minimal.iso
plus some network configuration changes and some own executables preinstalled.

--- Only background, not part of the question ---

I tried to build a LiveOS on Centos6.4 x86_64 host using livecd-creator ( livecd-tools-13.4-2.el6.x86_64 ):
LANG=C livecd-creator --config=centos-livecd-minimal.ks –fslabel=CentOS-minimal

centos-livecd-minimal.ks ( adapted from
https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/browser/trunk/CentOS5/centos-livecd-minimal.ks ) :

lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
timezone US/Eastern
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
selinux --enforcing
firewall --disabled

repo --name=a-base    --baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.4/os/x86_64
repo --name=a-updates --baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.4/updates/x86_64
#repo --name=a-extras  --baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.4/extras/x86_64
repo --name=a-live    --baseurl=http://www.nanotechnologies.qc.ca/propos/linux/centos-live/x86_64/live

%packages
bash
kernel
syslinux
passwd
policycoreutils
chkconfig
authconfig
rootfiles
comps-extras
xkeyboard-config

%end

The generated .iso File fails to boot on a real and on a VirtualBox machine
with a problem in the initial ramdisk :

dracut: Fatal: Don't know how to handle 'root=live:UUID=a68d794a-d777-4e4f-86ba-d2cc50d8fa1e'
dracut: Refusing to continue
Kernel panic – not syncing : Attempted to kill init