[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Sun Jun 2 15:08:28 UTC 2013
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 02:53:09PM +0000, Rock wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 16:01:05 +0200, Markus Falb wrote:
>
> > You don't have to purchase a redhat subscription to file into their bugzilla.
>
> OK. I opened an account, and can file the bug report:
>  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi

I thought we're having the problem with RHEL6.  (and offshoots).

Fedora works almost out of the box with the phone, using simple-mtpfs.
Actually, mtpfs has been abandoned (BIG DISCLAIMER--going on memory could
be wrong) or else had other problems, but regardless (end of disclaimer,
this part I distinctly remember) Fedora is using simple-mtpfs and once
installed, Android is fine.
So I think you want to file this against RHEL6.

However:
Although it now works for me with the tarball on my main workstation, which
has all sorts of other things installed, when trying on a few VMS, both
with and without the newer version of libmtp, with and without the udev
file mentioned, and with both tarball and compiled from source mtpfs, I
couldn't get it to work.  It would mount the phone, but show nothing in the
directories.  Therefore, not sure what a proper bug report would be at this
point.  I was under the impression that all that was needed was a working
mtpfs, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So...I'm back at square one, save for my workstation (the important one for
me, though), I can't get any combination to work on any CentOS 6.4 VM.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6