[CentOS] Appache index error on CentOS-6,4

Mon Jun 10 15:58:16 UTC 2013
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Mon, June 10, 2013 09:45, lists-centos wrote:

> I believe you need an "AllowOverride" directive in order for the
> "Options" setting to work.
>
>     <https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html>

I tried this.  However it did not change the results observer
following a restart of httpd.  I still obtained the default Centos
page.

DocumentRoot "/tftpboot"
<Directory "/tftpboot">
AllowOverride All
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
Options +Indexes
</Directory>

The contents of httpd.conf include these directives:

.  .  .
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>
.  .  .
Include virtual.d/*.conf

However, I discover that /etc/httpd/conf/welcome.conf contains these:

<LocationMatch "^/+$">
    Options -Indexes
    ErrorDocument 403 /error/noindex.html
</LocationMatch>

Since Location directives act independently of Directory directives
and this LocationMatch directive matches everywhere I gathered that
this was my problem.  Removing these two directives has corrected the
error I encountered.

Thank you for the assistance.

Canada  L8E 3C3