[CentOS] adaptec RAID - no one working with this?

Thu Jun 13 19:04:44 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 6/13/2013 11:52 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> m.roth at 5-cent.us  wrote:
>> >We've got this PC PitStop RAID box (they're so proud of it, there's no
>> >logo), and what lspci tells me is an Adaptec AAC-RAID (ref 09) controller.
>> >I see there's no F/OSS controllers for it, but when I go to Adaptec's
>> >site, the search denies all knowledge of such a controller. I'd like to
>> >get the correct one, and I really want an x86_64 version; googling found
>> >me a 386 rpm.
>> >
>> >Anyone know how to identify what*Adaptec*  calls this thing, so I can find
>> >the info I need on their site?
>> >
> Has nobody here worked with those cards?

try lspci -n -s xx:yy   where xx:yy is the ID #s shown on the plain
lspci output.   report what the vendor/device ID is, like...

# lspci
05:06.0 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AIC-7899P U160/m (rev 01)
05:06.1 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AIC-7899P U160/m (rev 01)
[root at freescruz ~]# lspci -s 05:06 -n
05:06.0 0100: 9005:00cf (rev 01)
05:06.1 0100: 9005:00cf (rev 01)

and maybe those vendor ID's (9005:00CF) can be used to identify what
chipset it actually is.