[CentOS] adaptec RAID - no one working with this?

Thu Jun 13 20:50:14 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 6/13/2013 12:48 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:
>> >
>> >https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/scsi/aacraid.txt
>> >
>> >looks to be the Adaptec 2000 family, like 2200S and variations. the AAC
>> >driver should be built into pretty much every linux kernel since eons ago.
> Right - I think the driver's there, I can access the drives (well, mostly
> - I had one fail while I was trying to copy stuff onto it, and now there's
> not even a /dev/sdb; also, I created a partition on /dev/sdc, but there
> was a time or two while I got hung tasks for a bunch of minutes, with
> rsync just sitting there). So I'd like to find the manager, and see if
> there's some weird settings....

that appears to be a rather old family of parallel SCSI raid cards, and
Adaptec doesn't seem to support anything newer than RHEL 5 on them ...
you need either aaccli or arcconf or their GUI java-based ASM.   users
manual here, http://updates.aslab.com/doc/disk-controller/aacraid_guide.pdf

there are newer versions of arcconf for newer cards, but they don't say
they support the older cards, for instance
http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/speed/raid/storage_manager/arcconf_v1_1_20324_zip.htm