[CentOS] CentOS 6 SFF motherboard or complete system

Thu Jun 27 18:18:11 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 6/27/2013 10:58 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Don't do Optiplex. That's a "consumer" grade box.

no, optiplex is a business desktop grade box, with remote management
support and so forth.   its the Dimension stuff thats consumer.
Precision is 'engineering/scientific workstation' grade.

display port rocks, IF you get display port compatible monitors (loving
my Dell U2412M's here at home, and U2410's at work!)

On 6/27/2013 10:58 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> You can order them with either no O/S, or RHEL (with a year's license).
> <snip>

not from the 'soho' side of Dell, only on the Large Business side do
those options show up, and if you're just buying a few and don't have an
enterprise purchase agreement, you won't find any discounts.