[CentOS] Not installing avahi in a kickstart install

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Mon Mar 4 15:09:11 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-03 17:46, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Looks a bit too much to take on at this point. But I will put a link
> in
> my notes for future study. Thanks.

Along with disabling the avahi service in my kickstart files, I also
add "NOZEROCONF=yes" to /etc/sysconfig/network.  That way the service
does not start and the 169.254.x.x IP doesn't get added to the
interface.

It's not hard to do after the fact, but putting simple things like that
in a kickstart file prevents one from doing all the mundane, mind
numbing sys admin tasks.  :)

HTH,

Ranbir

--