[CentOS] RAID MD10

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Mar 4 16:34:43 UTC 2013

John Plemons wrote:
> On 3/4/2013 11:12 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> I'm going to rebuild my system at home soon, and was planning to mirror
>> two drives. However, I was just looking up something about RAID, and on
>> wikipedia found some information about the Linux MD driver, and "near"
>> and
>> "far" RAID10.
>>
>> Anyone have some opinions about them?
>>
>>        mark "or should that be how many opinions do folks have
>>                about them?"
>>
> Raid 10 is a mirrored stripped set of at least 4 driver. You get the
> best of both worlds, data speed and data back up..

I'm well aware of that. However, I'm only buying two drives, and was going
to just mirror them, but if I can get more speed.... This is what I'm
reading
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-standard_RAID_levels#Linux_MD_RAID_10>,
and it seems to be a non-standard RAID, with several options, and the
first uses only two drives.

      mark