[CentOS] Software RAID complete drives or individual partitions

SilverTip257

silvertip257 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 13:04:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Chris Weisiger <cweisiger at bellsouth.net>wrote:

> Im not so much concerned about the os not being on a raid system. I am
> really concerned about my data, music, pictures,docs, etc.

True, the data is generally more important than the OS (or hardware - you
can buy more).

> I run a minimum os centos 5.9 install anyway so it would take long to
> reload the os if i had to.

BUT do you _really_ want to reload the OS and have to tweak config files
again?
Especially if you do not have the OS on a raid volume, back at least /etc/
up nightly or weekly (whatever fits your scenario) so you have at least
some config files to go off of.

There's a fellow on the Gentoo Forums that has a signature that says:
"Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail."

You might be lucky, but you won't want to get caught if your luck to drys
up! :)

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //