[CentOS] Centos 6.3 - unsupported video hardware

Dale Dellutri

daledellutri at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 20:47:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> On 03/06/2013 02:51 PM, Craig White wrote:
>> On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>
>>> I pulled one of my old OQO model 2 out of the junk bin and installed
>>> Centos 6.3 over Centos 5.3.
>>>
>>> The internal video does not work in graphics mode (text works fine),
>>> though a monitor attacked to the VGA port works fine.  Although my
>>> intension is to use this as a portable test server, it would be nice if
>>> the video was available.  How might I go about figuring out the Xorg
>>> magic to get it working?

When you say "internal video does not work", what do you mean?
Is the laptop screen black, garbled, flickering, unresponsive?

If black, did you try startx for the command line?

Are there any errors (EE) or warnings (WW) in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?

Anything in /var/log/messages or dmesg?

What is the output of lspci | grep VGA?

--
Dale Dellutri