[CentOS] raid 1 question

SilverTip257

silvertip257 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 17:23:22 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM, SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Paras pradhan <pradhanparas at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> One question:
>>
>> During the install, do I install grub on sda or md0?
>>

> Install grub on sda and sdb.
> Installing GRUB on the mbr of both disks ensures that your system can
> still boot if one disk has failed.
>
> Although the Linux OS sees those two drives as a software raid1, GRUB
> looks at a single drive when booting.

When you boot to your rescue CD, check the metadata version of your raid1
array.
You might reply back with the output from "mdadm -D --scan"

This is simliar to what I saw when using an unsupported metadata (too new
for the GRUB version).  If you didn't set up any partitions by hand, I
would expect Anaconda set the proper metadata version.

--
Mike