[CentOS] maintaining patches across releases

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 16:09:19 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Keith Keller
<kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
> On 2013-03-07, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I thought about applying the patch to the centosplus kernel but
>> decided not to bother because it looked like a "non-issue". But it you
>> think it's worth the fix, that can be done. It will be even better if
>> you supply the actual patch for the CentOS kernel.
>
> Honestly I do not think it's worth the fix for the centosplus kernel.
> But perhaps others disagree with me; if so, is the proposed patch by
> RedHat usable?
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=674895
>
> If it's not, let me know, and I will try to generate the correct one.
>
> --keith

I looked at the patch again -- it was apparently not for the 6.3
kernel and I was not 100% sure about applying it at that time. But now
with the 6.4 kernel, it cleanly applies.

While not serious, some users are finding this bug to be problematic
when monitoring the stats. I will include the fix in the next plus
kernel update.

Akemi