[CentOS] Lockups with kernel-2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.i686

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Fri Mar 8 19:04:15 UTC 2013

Kwan Lowe wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM, SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If it's not memory related (test this memory in another system) then it
>> is probably a motherboard failure.  I've seen weird symptoms where the
>> system will boot fine, but once the Linux kernel begins to build its
cache it
>> triggers a lock up/throws an exception.
>
> :)  I've also swapped the motherboard. *Every* component except for
> the case and the SSD boot drive has been swapped. This is going on now
> for almost two weeks.
<snip>
Oh, that's *bad*. We had a server like that, a Dell (fortunately): three
replacement m/b's (one was DoA), and we *still* couldn't get it to boot,
so they offered us a newer server as a replacement (all within two weeks,
and that *includes* the three days that FE's showed - that's why I'm glad
it was Dell).

     mark