[CentOS] Apache setup problems

Bruce Whealton

bruce at futurewaveonline.com
Fri Mar 8 19:59:14 UTC 2013

Hello,
     I am having a hard time figuring out why I am getting a 404 Forbidden
error when I try to browse to my site.  I moved the site root to be here:
/home/www
I registered two domains with dynamic dns services online.  So, one domain I
have is futurewavewebdevelopment.com and another is fwwebdev.dnsdynamic.com
After my most recent update to the httpd.conf file, these domains are not
working.  It was going to a starter page in the /var/html directory.
I thought that what I need to do is create folders for each domain like
this:
/home/www/futurewavewebdevelopment.com/public_html
and /home/www/fwwebdev.dnsdynamic.com/public_html
I thought, I'd put the public files for the domains inside the public_html
folder.
I changed the permissions to give each of these at least read permission.
The domain futurewavewebdevelopment.com does not appear to be going to my ip
any longer.

Anyway, I have my httpd.conf file in the following pastbin:
http://pastebin.com/qXVLJw0P

I know that is a security risk, so I'll be sure to remove it very soon.
Can someone tell me what I need to do to make this work.
Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Web Design/Development/Programming
Future Wave Web Development:
http://futurewaveonline.com
Developing for the Desktop as well as for
Mobile Devices - Smartphones/Tablets
Call 919-636-5809

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //