[CentOS] CentOs 6.4 and video drivers

Ned Slider

ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 10:45:33 UTC 2013

On 10/03/13 01:24, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>> Depend on how "new" your card is. :)
>
> HD 4800 series, RV770
>
>   >  More details are in this ELRepo bug report:
>>
>>   http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=355
>
> So I guess I should try enabling the testing repository. Thanks.
>
> Yves Bellefeuille

Unfortunately older Radeon HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 Series are NOT
currently supported as the current AMD driver does NOT support the new
version of Xorg in 6.4.

So your HD 4800 series is NOT supported.

Radeon HD 7000, HD 6000, HD 5000 Series ARE supported by the version
13.1 driver currently in the testing repo. I've had a couple of reports
that this driver works so I'll move it to the main repo shortly. If you
have supporting hardware I would recommend updating to this driver
before performing the 6.4 update.