[CentOS] CentOS 6.4 Release Date.

Scott Robbins

scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Mar 10 14:24:01 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 08:20:43AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> >> What mirrors .. 6.4 has been released for several hours.
> >>
> > FWIW, I've been running CR and haven't seen much--however, I was surprised
> > that I hadn't seen redhat-release rpm.  So, I ran yum clean all, and then
> > got a bunch of updates for 6.4.
>
> We don't release redhat-release in CentOS at all ... we have
> centos-release instead.

I figured that, but I now have an /etc/redhat-release saying 6.4, as does
/etc/centos-release.

> We also don't release centos-release into CR, only in the new version's
> main tree.  Anaconda (the package that installs CentOS) and
> centos-release are the only packages from the new version that normally
> are not installed in the CR.  Getting a new centos-release is how you
> know you are updated to 6.4 and not running 6.3/CR.
>

> This would mean that if you were on a fully updated 6.3/CR and upgraded
> to 6.4, you would expect to see all the RPMS associated with the above 5
> SRPMS, as well as centos-release and anaconda.

My CR was probably not fully updated--I probably check for updates about
once every two weeks, but there was a relatively large one a little while
ago.

Thanks for the clarification.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Oh, look at my poor neck... all bare and tender and
exposed. All that blood, just pumping away.
Giles: Oh, please.
Spike: Giles, make her stop!
Giles: If those two don't kill each other, I might lend a hand.