[CentOS] UEFI Bootable ISO HowTo

Skeeve Stevens

skeeve+centos at eintellegonetworks.com
Wed Mar 13 22:01:30 UTC 2013

The 6.4 Minimal install does not work with UEFI.  It was the first one I
downloaded, and it is broken.  Comes up with an error after the initial
grub.... either a file not found or error 15 or something.

I haven't tried the full disk 1 yet though.

Our solution is a little more involved than that.  We take a normal install
disk, add a pile of packages, scripts, drivers, etc and do a pile of post
install processing to build our system.

6.4 full disk may be perfect... the question is, when I have my layout, how
do I make a disk that boots with UEFI?

This is the primary command we use to build our current disk.

mkisofs -r -R -J -T -v -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -V
"EIN FullOS" -publisher "eintellego Networks" -A "EIN FullOS" -b
isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -o ein-newdisk.iso ./disk/

I'm not sure what I should do to make it UEFI compatible?

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call