[CentOS] Using LAMP stacks

Cliff Pratt

enkiduonthenet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 01:28:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Bruce Whealton
<bruce at futurewaveonline.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>         I thought some of the LAMP stacks at Bitnami would be great for
> getting it all setup in Centos.  Making sure everything is in the right
> place and referenced correctly.  I'm curious, though, as Centos comes with
> Apache already and it's running on my system.  So, I wonder what these
> installers do - ignore installing apache, when they discover it is already
> installed?  Make it use a different port?  What would be nice would be to
> put certain things on different domains.  That goes back to my previous
> question about getting the vhost.conf to work and to get my system to use
> virtual hosts.
> ...and if you see other lamp relate stacks that look interesting, it would
> be nice if they could handle the situation where several components are
> already installed and running and just skip those components when
> installing...  Is that possible?
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Your server has probably got all the components of a LAMP stack on it.
If it hasn't it is a simple matter of installing them using yum. You
would learn a lot by doing it that way. yum will put stuff in the
correct locations.

If you are sure that you want to use a pre-packed LAMP stack, then I
guess that they must use different ports. I've never used one. I
suspect that you will have issues down the track, eg when you need to
upgrade either the system or the LAMP stack.

One option is to find an appliance ISO and use that rather than try to
install a LAMP stack on top of an existing system.

Cheers,

Cliff