[CentOS] moderate rant un updates

Tilman Schmidt

t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de
Thu Mar 14 14:51:14 UTC 2013

Sorry, clicked "send" too soon.

Am 14.03.2013 15:37, schrieb Tilman Schmidt:
> Am 14.03.2013 15:17, schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
>> On a related note, does anyone have a link to a howto build the NVidia
>> proprietary driver on a kernel that's *not* running, so we could prebuild
>> it before the reboot? I see there are options in the script, but no
>> examples.
>
> No link, but while I was still using the proprietary driver I did it
> like this:
>
> ${NVDRV}.run -sKk ${KERNELRELEASE}

That was from a kernel install script that had previously set
${KERNELRELEASE} to the name of the module directory and
${NVDRV} to the base name of the nVidia installer. So the
actual command would look something like this:

~/Download/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-270.41.06.run -sKk 2.6.37.6-24-desktop

HTH
T.

--
Tilman Schmidt