[CentOS] OT: A lightweight monitor software

Karanbir Singh

kbsingh at centos.org
Fri Mar 15 16:45:39 UTC 2013

On 03/15/2013 07:39 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a test lab installed over an ESXi 5.1 host that contains 5
> CentOS vm guests. I would like to monitor CPU, RAM and Network for
> these vm and ESXi host. Zabbix and Nagios are too to accomplish
> this task. Does anyone know any lightweight openosurce soft to do
> this??

you already have some great answers, but I want to throw in another
susggestio : ganglia. Its provided in rpm form at EPEL ( including
ganglia-web ), and if you have a trusted network, and multicast is
considered ok - you wont need to do any config beyond install, and
make 2 config changes in the main /etc/ganglia/gmond.conf file on each
of the nodes

--
Karanbir Singh, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS