[CentOS] New locales on C6...

John Doe

jdmls at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 10:44:54 UTC 2013

From: John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com>

> I am trying to add esperanto and a modified greek locales... but I am not sure I
> am doing it right...
> On C5, a long time ago, I would:
>  - grab eo_XX and el_GR from the net and put them in /usr/share/i18n/locales
>  - localedef -c -i eo_XX -f UTF-8 /usr/share/locale/eo_XX.utf8
>  - localedef -c -i el_GR -f UTF-8 /usr/share/locale/el_GR.utf8

For info, I found out the "secret" options of localedef...
  localedef --add-to-archive eo_XX.utf8
  localedef --delete-from-archive el_GR.utf8
  localedef --add-to-archive el_GR.utf8
  localedef --list-archive
used to update the locale archive in:
  /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive

esperanto works now; but greek still displays english dates for some reason...

JD