[CentOS] PHP Questions on move from CentOS 5.x to CentOS 6.x

Max Pyziur

pyz at brama.com
Sun Mar 24 16:38:09 UTC 2013

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On 03/24/2013 10:45 AM, Max Pyziur wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> A malfunctioning disk this past week accelerated a lingering decision to
>> move to CentOS 6.x from CentOS 5.x.
>>
>> Most of our content is functioning and being presented as it should be.
>>
>> However, there appear to be php-related issues.

[...]

> However, if you were running the default, the versions of software that
> run on CentOS-5 might have to be upgraded to run on the newer php in
> CentOS-6. (from php-5.1.6 to php-5.3.3)
>
> You might also need to follow the upgrade procedures when moving from
> the older version of mysql and postgresql in CentOS-5 to the newer
> versions in CentOS-6.  (mysql-5.0.95 to mysql-5.1.67, postgresql-8.1.23
> to postgresql-8.4.13)

In both mysql and postgresql I dumped to text and restored on the new
CentOS 6 box/server.

For postgresql, that's the recommendation.

So far from command line and their respective command-line monitors, the
mysql and postgresql databases are correctly functioning.

It's the php-enabled interfaces that are the issue for me.

> Upgrading for major versions (ie, from CentOS-5.x to CentOS-6.x) is a
> major undertaking and data/configuration files usually have to upgraded.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com