[CentOS] Bonded interfaces - testing

Dermot

paikkos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 16:51:49 UTC 2013

In which case, an appropriate test would be to have several servers push
data to one the server while it's interface is un-bonded. We'd anticipate
that the results would be under 1000Mbps. Then do the same with the bonded
interface and the results would hopefully be more consistently around
1000Mpbs. So I should not expect fastest throughput, simply a fatter pipe?

If it matters these are the hashing options available on the switch:

Thanks,
Dermot

Src MAC, VLAN, EType, incoming port

Dest MAC, VLAN, EType, incoming port

Src/Dest MAC, VLAN, EType, incoming port

Src IP and Src TCP/UDP Port fields

Dest IP and Dest TCP/UDP Port fields

Src/Dest IP and TCP/UDP Port fields
Enhanced hashing mode