[CentOS] (Al)pine on CentOS 6

Max Pyziur

pyz at brama.com
Tue Mar 26 15:20:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Max Pyziur wrote:
>>
>> The alpine mail rpm indicates that it comes packaged with configuration
>> files (/etc/pine*conf*). However, they aren't there.  Possible?
>>
>> Also, how did you get rid of the annoying alpine bug: a message that keeps
>> flashing - [Folder vulnerable - directory /var/spool/mail must have 1777
>> protection]?
>>
> I *really* think you ought to ask in those repos, or alpine's mailing
> list. What's bothering me is it asserting that the "folder vulnerable",
> then saying that it needs to be world-read/writeable; ours are all 775.

Ok, then.

I find the "users" list on fedoraproject challenging.

The stated vulnerability is a known bug in alpine, and it has been there
for a long time. Many lists have complaints about it, but it doesn't seem
to get the attention of the developers/maintainers.

Likewise, ours are set to 775, inboxes set to 600 (that way dovecot
doesn't complain).

>      mark

Thank you for your help.

MP