[CentOS] Help with thread Centos 6.4 won't reboot on install

Robert Benjamin

benjie1 at cox.net
Wed Mar 27 20:53:29 UTC 2013

On 3/27/2013 3:57 PM, Robert Benjamin wrote:
> On 3/27/2013 3:30 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Robert Benjamin wrote:
>> <snip>
>>>>
>>>        dig returned  a lot of root nameservers instantly.
>> Nasty thought: in one window, run tcpdump -A port 50, and in another, try
>> looking something up, say, nytimes.com, something obvious. See what's
>> going and coming.
>>
>>         mark
> Did you mean ping nytimes.com ?
     tcpdump -A port 50 output is tcpdump: verbose output suppressed,
use -v or -w for all protocol decode listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB
(Ethernet), capturing size 65535 bytes, and a blinking cursor which I
left for 20 min and re-started, tried with  -v  got listening on eth0,
type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 65535 bytes. re-started and meant
to use  -w but forgot and just typed tcpdump. That gave tons of output
which I can't fathom  and let it go for 30 minutes. Re-started one more
time and pinged nytimes.com  That returned screenful  of data packets
all ok. Then shutdown  til tomorrow.
             Bob