[CentOS] Help with thread Centos 6.4 won't reboot on install

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 17:04:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Robert Benjamin <benjie1 at cox.net> wrote:

>> I thought you said you had Gnome to a point where you could log in.
>> If you get that far I'd stick with it because it is the default
>> desktop and there will be more people with similar configurations to
>> help sort out any other problems.    If you did get to a login once
>> but can't now, please describe what you did to make it work before.
>>
>> I started Centos, booting up with the HD and waited to login. When the blue screen appeared, and nothing else, I wnet out for coffee and on my return there was a login screen so I logged in and seet up FF, TB etc. Hoping things were OK, I shut down, and next day I started up and never let me log in even today, after waiting an hour. Guess this isn't much help but it is how I logged in that one time.       Bob

Things never work very well for me before having coffee either, but
that's probably not the real solution.  So when you established that
your network and DNS was working, Gnome was working too?   Can you log
in on a virtual character-mode terminal session (control-alt-F2) and
try the ifconfig and dig commands again?    If everything appears to
work there, I'd try a 'yum update' just on general principles.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com