[CentOS] Does CentOS support dual graphics cards with 2 monitors each?

Lamar Owen

lowen at pari.edu
Fri Mar 29 18:28:01 UTC 2013

On 03/29/2013 01:39 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> I *know* with the early (and really lousy performance) intel onboard
> stuff, you flat couldn't use the onboard if an external card was plugged
> into the AGP slot.

However, it can and does work with many 2002-era Intel chipsets if you
use a *PCI* video card.  I'm getting three monitor output with a Dell
Dimension 4500S here; one on the motherboard VGA and two on an nVidia
GeForce 6200-series PCI card.  No, it's not very fast, but for a
2002-era P4 2.0GHz it's plenty fast enough for what the system is doing.