[CentOS] Help with thread Centos 6.4 won't reboot on install

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 18:44:45 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Robert Benjamin <benjie1 at cox.net> wrote:

>      So when I put the HD back in the PC it will boot up and I can wait
> and see if it allows me to log in>  (HA!) If not, then Ctl+Alt+F2 and
> login as root and try startx and see what it does. I didn't change
> inittab ever since this whole senario started. Is default  to start at
> runlevel 5?                  Bob

Yes, installs that include X and a desktop will default to runlevel 5.
 Before trying 'startx' , do 'init 3' as root.  That should shut down
the existing session, but whatever is hanging on startup may prevent a
clean shutdown too.  So startx may complain that there is still a lock
file and you may have to remove it manually and run startx again.

--
  Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com