[CentOS] Help with thread Centos 6.4 won't reboot on install

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 21:06:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Robert Benjamin <benjie1 at cox.net> wrote:

>   Question: if it starts at runlevel 3 can I log in on a GUI or is it in
> text mode. If the latter is the case, I assume I can log in as user and
> I should get a GUI so I can use FF, TB etc. Right? And then eventually I
> need to get back to runlevel 5 as a permanent login procedure ... someday!

Init 5 starts X and a GUI-type login process.  When you log in, it
starts your GUI desktop.    In runlevel 3, you log in in character
mode, but 'startx'  will start X, then your desktop and after that it
is all the same.  Except that with the startx approach, if anything
will drop back to the parent character mode login where you can check
the logs and try again.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com