[CentOS] What can I do to UNDERSTAND why I can't reach centos.org (but everyone else can)?

Fri Mar 1 01:09:18 UTC 2013
Rock <RockSockDoc at gmail.com>

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 09:01:03 +1100, Kahlil Hodgson wrote:

> Do you always have the same number of hops?  Wondering if the WISPs you
> bounce through might change.  Perhaps one of those is problematic.

Dunno the exact number of hops but it's always long
but I only have 1 WISP so I don't have a choice.

It goes from my laptop to my home broadband router to my
radio & antenna on the roof to the WISP antenna and at that point
it bounces a while within the WISP's network before exiting on
some backbone on it's merry way to centos.

The ONE STOP prior to centos.org is the last stop; but all other
web sites work. So, my "assumption" is that Centos.org is blocking
me. I didn't think about this when I first posted this thread,
but then someone told me that they ran a traceroute and there was
only ONE STOP after where it stopped for me, so, that's when the
light bulb lit.

Now, as to WHY they're blocking me - that I asked their webmaster
by mail, earlier today.

> You could try checking something like
> 	http://multirbl.valli.org/

Nice site. I see blacklists, whitelists, Yellowlists, neutralized,
and even not listed as reports, and ALL (even the not listed) came
up with zero.