[CentOS] suggestions for simple audio editor

Fri Mar 1 01:15:56 UTC 2013
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

On 03/01/2013 07:24 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:24:12AM -0500, Carl T. Miller wrote:
>>> I don't understand,... I can select very fine-grained selections in
>>> Audacity. You probably need to zoom in on the track so you can position
>>> the cursor properly, but once you've done so, you can select very
>>> precisely.
>> Yes, that's what I expected.  But even after zooming in with
>> the zoom tool to where I see hundreths of a second, I still
>> cannot select less than a full second at a time.
> What I think you're saying is: if you place the cursor at a location
> that is, e.g., 1.43 seconds into the clip, right-click then drag (in
> either direction) until you've selected the part you want to cut, that
> Audacity moves the endpoints of you selection from where you put them
> to a whole-second point?
>
> because that's exactly what I've done manay times and it highlights
> the part over which I've dragged the cursor, and I can cut it by
> simply hitting the DEL key.
>
> Or are you trying to do it in some different way?
I just wonder if this is an artifact from having started with an mp3
rather than a proper wave file?
Just a thought.
i.e. mp3 looses information compared to the 44KHz sample of most wav
files, thus when it creates the reconstituted wav file it is not
anywhere near the same, and thus probably interpolates much of the wav file.