[CentOS] lost connection during yum update

Sun Mar 10 03:36:50 UTC 2013
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

During today's big Centos 6 update I lost my connection to a machine during the
"yum update" and when I logged back in and ran yum update again it told me to
run yum-complete-transaction.  When I ran yum-complete-transaction I got
screen after screen of "x is a duplicate with x" where x consists of a huge
list of packages.

"package-cleanup --dupes" gives me a huge list of packages.

I think that my next step here should be "package-cleanup --cleandupes" but
when I do that it tells me that it will remove 800-plus mb of files.  I suppose
it's the the same list that I get with "package-cleanup --dupes".

Do I want to do this or will that nuke the operating system?  If not, what
should I be doing?