[CentOS] SSL Certificate

Mon Mar 11 23:05:00 UTC 2013
Austin Einter <austin.einter at gmail.com>

Dear All
This is my continuation of postfix setup.
Following link
http://campworld.net/thewiki/pmwiki.php/LinuxServersCentOS/Cent6VirtMailServerfor
postfix setup.

At one stage it says,
Configuring The Server Setup SSL Certificate

Now generate an SSL certificate for postfix and dovecot to have TLS
support. Replace mail.example.com with your server hostname.
> genkey --days 3650 mail.example.com

My doubt is ,

1. I have to install a SSL certificate for for web server (apache case). I
am planning to purchase a SSL certificate and put it. The same certificate
will be useful for both web server and mail server OR both web and mail
server needs to separate separate SSL certificates.

2. I hope for web server case, one must purchase a ssl certificate and use
it (so that browsers will work smoothly without complain). For mail server
can one use locally generated ssl certificate?

Kindly let me know.

Best Regards

Austin