[CentOS] 6.x - USB key

Tue Mar 12 21:17:52 UTC 2013

I just had to rebuild my USB key for a generic install (got to do that for
a drive to send with the system back to the OEM for repair, y'know). This
time, I used unetbootin, which took a while to build the key, and worked
*almost* well.

The two annoying hangups: it took a *long* time to extract the packages
and put them all on the USB key, looking like a repo... EXCEPT that during
the install, anaconda *demands* the .iso. I went back, deleted
/mnt/usb/Packages, since it's only an 8G key, and just copied DVD 1 onto
it. anaconda stopped, asked me where, I told it, and it happily went on
its way.

Then, it doesn't give you any kind of default grub.conf

Oh, well. Drive's built and boots.

       mark