[CentOS] What can I do to UNDERSTAND why I can't reach centos.org (but everyone else can)?

Fri Mar 1 06:07:00 UTC 2013
Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au>

On 01/03/13 09:56, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> Someone suggested I might be on a blacklist, somehow, and that, at least,
>>> would make technical sense.
>>
>> You could try checking something like
>>
>>          http://multirbl.valli.org/
>>
>> to rule out blacklisting as the issue.
>
> The only blacklists I know about involve mail and require the
> receiving machines to actively choose to do lookups and reject based
> on the result.  Nothing should be dropping/blocking other types of
> traffic.

Very true. I thinking that if he _was_ on an email blacklist, then his
network might _also_ have been flagged as bad (by something else).
Because I didn't know about ...

> There are an assortment of 'looking glass' sites on the
> internet where you can originate traceroutes and check that BGP routes
> for source and targets are being propagated.
> This seems to be a directory of those sites: http://www.lookinglass.org/

Hey, that is very cool.  Did not know such a thing existed.

Thanks for pointing that out ;-)

Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology                         (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382
DealMax Pty Ltd                            (w) +61 (0) 3 9008 5281

Suite 1415
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925