[CentOS] EDNS support

Fri Mar 1 15:56:32 UTC 2013

I am having problems with EDNS support on a few Centos 6.3 bind
servers.  I am trying to determine if the problem is my Juniper SSG5
firewall of Centos.

All the servers have firewall enabled, though I have tested with
stopping iptables and ip6tables.  I am using tests from:

https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/replysizetest

dig @localhost +short rs.dns-oarc.net txt

gets:

;; Truncated, retrying in TCP mode.

Is anyone here running bind on their server and can run this command
from the server?  If you are not getting this truncation, then my
problem is the firewall.  If you are, then either you have figured out
the  majic for Centos or something like that...