[CentOS] Not installing avahi in a kickstart install

Sun Mar 3 22:28:19 UTC 2013
Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo at gmail.com>

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> On 03/03/2013 04:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 03.03.2013 22:35, schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>>> In the packages section of my kickstart I have:
>>>
>>> -avahi
>>>
>>> and I am still getting avahi and all of its rpms installed.  I don't
>>> want avahi on my servers, how do I specify in a kickstart to NOT install it?
>> do not install packages which requires avahi?
>> which they are?
>>
>> try "yum remove avahi" and see what it lists after install....
>>
> The list is too long.  It includes firstboot!  Easier just to disable it
> after install as I have been doing.  Just thought I could prevent it
> from installing in the first place.  I can put a %post in to turn it off
> at least.

yes, that was my conclusion too. If you run a centos desktop (like I
do), it simply wants to remove the whole gnome ;-).

So we have cfengine stop the avahi-daemon service plus if the
avahi-daemon process is running for whatever reason it gets stopped.

--
natxo