[CentOS] Google Earth on EL6.x x86_64

Mon Mar 4 03:35:30 UTC 2013
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 10:56:26AM +0800, Earl Ramirez wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-03-03 at 21:49 -0500, Fred Smith wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten 64-bit google earth to run on el6 x86_64?
> >
> > It dies almost immediately, complaining for lack of ld-lsb.so.3.
> > Perusing user forums at google I see a few others with the problem,
> > but no (working) solutions.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> Fred,
>
> You will need to install the following 32 bit packages
>
> 1. redhat-lsb.i686
> 2. mesa-libGL.i686
> 3. mesa-libGLU.i686
>
> I get this to work on my laptop a few days ago.

thanks Earl, I'll give it a whirl.

I did "ldd /opt/google/earth/free/googleearth-bin" and got back a list
of a dozen or so "not found" items, would you be willing to check on
your system and see what you get back? (that might be because it has
not been thru the preceding shellscript that might set up some ENV
to point to the right places, I suppose.)

thanks!

Fred

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.