[CentOS] CUPS halts when no Internet

Tue Mar 5 03:51:45 UTC 2013
Jay Leafey <jay.leafey at mindless.com>

On 03/04/2013 07:52 PM, Juan De Mola wrote:
> The logs only show LPD backend failed.
>
> I have tested restarting networking, re enabling printers, restartig the
> service. The only way to print is sending release commands from the CUPS
> web interface.
>
> The telnet login screen also become slow when the Internet goes down.

Hmmm... this sounds like common issues that crop up when you are having
DNS resolution issues.  Are the name servers for your network on the
"other end" of the ADSL connection?  If so, you might be able to resolve
some of the issues by editing the hosts file to make sure the local
systems are resolving even when the name servers are unavailable or
running a local caching nameserver.

Just a thought!
Jay Leafey - jay.leafey at mindless.com
Memphis, TN