[CentOS] raid 1 question

Thu Mar 7 23:40:48 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 3/7/2013 3:35 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
> Dave,  I've been using software raid with every type of RedHat distro RH/CentOS/Fedora for over 10 years without any
> serious difficulties.  I don't quite understand the logic in all these negative statements about software raid on that
> wiki page.  The worst I get into is I have to boot from a bootdisk if the MBR gets corrupted for any reason.  No big
> deal.  Just rerun grub.

have you been putting /boot on a mdraid?  that's what the article is
recommending against.

I've always put a static boot on each drive, then made the REST of the
drive a mdraid mirror and put a LVM in it.   all that needs to be done
is to rsync the primary /boot with the backup following  any kernel updates.