[CentOS] Lockups with kernel-2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.i686

Fri Mar 8 19:23:50 UTC 2013
Markus Falb <wnefal at gmail.com>

On 08.Mär.2013, at 19:28, Kwan Lowe wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM, SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If it's not memory related (test this memory in another system) then it is
>> probably a motherboard failure.  I've seen weird symptoms where the system
>> will boot fine, but once the Linux kernel begins to build its cache it
>> triggers a lock up/throws an exception.
>
> :)  I've also swapped the motherboard. *Every* component except for
> the case and the SSD boot drive has been swapped. This is going on now
> for almost two weeks.

I tell you of one very stable system that was not stable the other day.
It was locking up in half hour frequency after running stable for years.
It turned out that the temperature was not monitored on this system, the cpu fan got angry about this fact, stopped to work and it was getting hot. After replacing the fan you might think *problem solved* but nah. It kept locking up. It turned out that an adapter for the power supply had a loose contact. Do you think that think loose contact could have been introduced while fixing the fan?
--
Kind Regards, Markus