[CentOS] Question around updates and drpms directory

Sat Mar 9 03:03:40 UTC 2013
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

Looking at the nice new 6.4 tree (thanks!!!) I see there are already
a few updates.
eg
  Packages/firefox-17.0.3-1.el6.centos.i686.rpm
  Packages/firefox-17.0.3-1.el6.centos.x86_64.rpm
So far, so normal.  These occur because of timing.  That's not a problem;
it's expected.

What confuses me, though, is the drpms directory where there are 33
firefox drpm files compared to the 2 Packages, including firefox-3
versions!  The drpms directory is around 3.3G whereas the Packages
directory is only 680M.

Is the drpms directory carrying legacy files?  Or is this to be
expected?

--

rgds
Stephen