[CentOS] UEFI Bootable ISO HowTo

Wed Mar 13 17:18:56 UTC 2013

On 03/13/2013 01:30 PM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
This has caused me to burn hours trying to figure what is going on until
> someone pointed me to: CentOS-6.3-x86_64-minimal-EFI.iso - which worked
> fine (except no LAN drivers for this device are present - damnit).

In 6.4 - the standard DVD's are EFI capable now, as well as the minimal
ISO ( but not the netinstall ). There is also the efi image which can be
used to boot UEFI instances from USB drives. All this is already there
and functional

> As we roll our own ISO... I want to re-build our platform on top of CentOS
> 6.4 - or something current, but while the OS isn't an issue... the EFI
> aspect is... and I can't seem to find out how to roll and ISO with EFI
> support.

What sort of content are you adding in there ? If we can make that work
with the CentOS-Plus side of things, I'd be happy to roll the content
into a CentOS-Plus/iso

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh