[CentOS] moderate rant un updates

Thu Mar 14 16:34:22 UTC 2013

Ned Slider wrote:
> On 14/03/13 15:01, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> hosed - no X.
>> <snip>
 <snip>
> We (elrepo) didn't. Both components were pushed together, I can assure
> you. Both packages were signed and pushed on 9th March, some 5 days ago.
>
> Can you please provide evidence to support your claims. Please provide a
> link to the mirror with the missing file then we can investigate and fix
> IF there is indeed an issue.

yum install kmod-nvidia nvidia-x11-drv  --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=elrepo
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, ps, security
 * elrepo: mirror.symnds.com
Setting up Install Process
No package nvidia-x11-drv available.
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package kmod-nvidia.x86_64 0:310.40-1.el6.elrepo will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: nvidia-x11-drv = 310.40 for package:
kmod-nvidia-310.40-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: kmod-nvidia-310.40-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64 (elrepo)
           Requires: nvidia-x11-drv = 310.40
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

<snip>

> Anyway, I am glad to see elsewhere in this thread that you no longer
> intend to use the elrepo NVIDIA packages. I am glad you have found a
> solution that works for you and wish you good luck with that.

Obviously, you didn't read it closely. I found a solution to get me back
to work. I strongly preferred the kmod-nvidia, since it does not require
me to manually build the drivers every time I upgrade the kernel, and I
have a number of users I support with similar issues.

        mark